Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Danny Ashe Update



Into The Future!

Where do I begin?

Even though the Marqui Adora camp has been a little quiet as of late, I guarantee some great things in the coming months. Many new songs and ideas are in the works.
As for me, I've been keeping busy with quite a few fun projects.

First of, I've been busting my ass all week learning a bunch of songs for a special show I'm performing at this Saturday. It's definitely not what Marqui Adora fans would expect from me though. The show consists of 2 lead singers (male and female), a string quartet, drums, percussion, oboe, flute and sax. A local composer, who is showcasing his music at a private party for friends and colleagues this weekend, wrote the music. It's basically classic show tunes. It's definitely one of the weirdest and best professional experiences I've had so far. I've learned a lot and feel I've definitely become a better singer because of it.

Aside from having a hectic week with the show on Saturday, I'm also getting ready for our party "Off the Radar's" 2 Year Anniversary this Friday night @ PS14. Tigercity from NYC will be performing live along with Miami's own Modernage. We also have 2 guest DJ's joining us for the evening; Carlos Llanos and Edgar Rojas! This party promises to be amazing so if you live in the South Florida area, DON'T MISS IT!

I've also been working on some Lunabelle material that was never released and some of it was never even recorded. This one will definitely be a slow process as my main focus is on Marqui Adora, but I hope to have some things for you guys by fall.

Sunday March 4th Ray Milian and myself will be hosting and DJing a Siouxsie and the Banshees tribute in the back room at Purdy Lounge! Great Goth party to make you feel like you're back in 1995! Pull out your black eyeliner and velvet coats!

That's all I have time for right now, but I'll try to update this blog more often.
Lots more news coming up so keep your eyes and ears open.

Ciao,

Danny Ashe