Wednesday, February 13, 2013

360 About that Marqui Adora album from a couple years ago...

I just went through the almost ready songs that I recorded with Danny about three years ago and found a lot of the problems are mix problems. No need to re-track or program parts just simply zeroing out the board and starting the mix again will get most of the songs where I want them to be. The few parts that aren't mix related will need to be played again, mostly for tuning/groove reasons.

I've created a project in Things and listed all the stages needed to take the songs from where they stand now to them being on iTunes and other places. I've got the first few steps already checked off as completed. It is a long list, but it is all just simple actions I need to take to complete each song. While I'm not going to state any date for them to be finished I will say that it's nice to have a plan of action. They've been sitting in the pile of unfinished music for far to long. (That pile needs to go away!)

My goal is to get these 8 songs done so that others can be moved down the line. As one example, I started a remix of Broken Walls for Cygne Noir that I feel like I am close to the finish line on. I'd really like to have that one in Danny's hands.

Here's the eight songs that are on that list:

  1. An Entire Nation
  2. Body and Mind
  3. Cracks in the Mirror
  4. In Motion
  5. Reaching Out
  6. Simple Lies
  7. The Fall
  8. Walk Away

Baby Steps

-John T